Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus
Count the time saved by this automatic system - only $6/month
Here are the key points of the service:
- On average, 95% to 99% of spam is filtered out.
- On average, only 1 in 1,000,000 emails are falsely identified as
- Saves you valuable time.
- Anti-spam system automatically updated every 5 minutes with new spam
profiles to identify and stop the latest spam. A team of humans
handcraft each spam profile as new spam is identified ensuring
accurate and timely spam detection.
- It's like having your own personal secretary looking after
- No added email delivery delay.
- Ideal for home use and small business users
- Anti-virus system updated daily to block 100% of known virus
- Protects you, your business and family from viruses, scams
emails and obscene material.
- Get back to the important things while Spam Filtering takes
care of the SPAM.
No mailserver reconfiguration needed. Only a simple DNS change is
- Upon request, you will be provided with a login to view quarantined
spam and/or change your filtering preferences. Filtering preferences
can be set on a per domain or per user scope and involve such things
as whitelists, blacklists, keywords to block, and more. The defaults
work very well, but we recognize there are always a few people who
want or need something other than default settings.
- What I have found to be the best way to handle this system
is to have the detected spam labeled as "POSSIBLE SPAM" in the
Subject line, so you can easily see that it has been detected.
You still can read the email if you want. You can also set up
your "Message Rules" in your Email Program (Outlook Express) to
put this directly into your "Deleted Items" folder. Or, another
configuration is to have the possible spam immediately deleted
so that you never see it. Contact Alan at Pacific Websites for
more info and recommended configurations.
- Contact Alan at Pacific Websites to have this excellent
service enabled on your account. Six dollars per month saves a
lot of your valuable time. Yearly cost is $72 annually. There is
a small charge for setting this up, depending on how your email
is presently set up and your desired configuration. I have done
this before for several clients and they just love this
- This service is available to clients of Pacific Websites who
have their hosting through us. If your hosting is not through
us, consider switching over for this service alone! If you have
any questions, please contact us.
You may have seen statistics on the cost of spam, but for those
of you that haven't, here is something you need to know.
For 5 employees working at $10/hr with bandwidth, storage,
processing, and employee time, approximately $2,221 per year is lost
to spam. That is $444.20 per person per year or $37.02 per person
per month lost to spam.
If your company has more employees or pays more than $10/hr, then
your costs are probably higher. Of course, if you have time to burn
and don't get paid for it, then your only costs are those precious
minutes of your life that you could be using to play a game or do
something much more enjoyable than sort out spam.
You get up to 35 protected email addresses and up to 10,000 email
messages filtered per month per domain. If you use more than that we
will automatically upgrade your Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus Email
Filtering subscription to the subscription with the appropriate
If you would like this service enabled on your domain, so that it
filters spam emails sent to your address (example:
please contact Alan at Pacific Websites today, and start saving your
Here is a list of
free email filtering programs. If you read closely, you will see
that each has it's own limitations. The cost of the Spam Filtering
through Pacific Websites costs a little each month, and is well
worth it. The "Free" programs are not really free when you factor in
the limitations. Sometimes, they offer a "free" version, which can
be upgraded to a better solution - for a price.
What is unwanted email?
Unwanted email, sometimes known as junk or spam email, is
unsolicited email advertising.
Examples of unwanted email:
- Adverts for porn or gambling sites.
- Work-from-home schemes.
- Online pharmacies.
- Advertising “Herbal Viagra” and similarly improbable
- Selling implausibly cheap (pirated) software.
A substantial majority of the email that goes over the
internet every day is unwanted junk mail.
How spammers get your email address
Spammers collect addresses in many different ways, including:
Guessing. Spammers use automated software to generate addresses.
Harvesting from websites. If an email address is embedded in a
webpage, spammers can use spiders (similar to those used by
search engines) to find them.
Online registration. If someone gives their email address to a
can sell the addresses to spammers.
From other spammers. It’s possible to buy lists of email
addresses by the million online.
So-called spam email cancellation services. These bogus services
offer to block unwanted email but really collect addresses.
Why stop unwanted email?
- It wastes bandwidth.
- Filtering it manually is very time-consuming.
- Unwanted email often contains offensive images.
- It propagates online fraud, such as phishing.
- Often contains viruses.
How to spot spam
Filtering email manually is time-consuming but here are
some tell-tale signs you can use to do so if you only get a
- From someone you don’t know.
- Contains weird misspellings (e.g. “p0rn” with a
zero), designed to counter spam filters.
- Offers something for sale.
- The subject line and contents don’t match.
- Contains a beguiling or urgent call to action (“Buy
now to get 50% off”).
If you get more than a handful of unwanted emails a
day, we recommend you use a mail filter to get rid of
the rubbish automatically.
If you would like the Spam Filtering service enabled on your domain, so that it
filters spam emails sent to your address, please contact Alan at
Pacific Websites today, and start saving your valuable